Get Started @ HeyCampus
This page gives a brief overview of features and functionalities on HeyCampus:
Status: Not Logged In (Everyone)
Status: Logged In
- Browse HeyCampus Profiles -
Browse profiles of registered members and find new or old friends.
- Browse Dating Profiles - Find
your ideal date or an activity partner.
- Browse Rate My Course -
Browse ratings of various courses in over 2000 colleges.
- Browse Items - View items or services
listed (as wanted or) for sale.
- Browse Housing - View apartment
listings. You can filter by specific state or college.
- Browse Forums - Browse nearly 40 different
forum topics on various categories.
- Play Games - Play tons of addictive
games and see if you can beat global high score.
- Watch TV & Movies - Watch old and
new tv shows, full movies and hottest music videos.
- Local Campus - Find out local
events, view tv guide listings and news feeds around the world
- Forgot Password - If you forget
your password, you can either reset it online or have a new secure password sent
to your college email address.
- News & Widgets - Get all your news feed,
weather, messages, etc in one page. Drag & drop, collapse/expand or delete widgets,
all of these in one page.
- Invite Friends - Send an email
inviting your friends to this site.
- Login - Login to HeyCampus. To prevents
hackers from gaining access, your account will be locked after many continous incorrect
- Register - Register on HeyCampus. It
is absolutely free for college students.
- Send Verification Email
- If you have not received your verification email when you registered, you can
request the system to send one again.
- List Item - Do you have any items lying
around that you want to sell or barter or buy? Or any services that you can offer
(wash cars, paint house, tutor students, etc)? You can list it here (upto 30 items
at a time).
- List Housing Apt - List apartment/housing
ad with tons of options to choose from to find your ideal roommate.
- Post In Forum - Discuss, debate
or ask questions in nearly 40 forum topics.
- Rate a Course - Post ratings
on professors and courses you took in college.
- Edit Widgets - From this page, you
can select which all widgets you would like to view often (news feed from various
sources, weather, task list, etc)
- Change (Friends) Group - You can
place friends in different groups. Your friends wont know which group you have placed
- Delete Friend - You can remove
people from your friends list. Your friend will not be notified when you removed
them from your friends list.
- Block Users - You can either block,
unblock or view users curently blocked.
- Change Password - Change your
HeyCampus password. Note: You will be required to provide your durrent password as
- Change Security Q&A - You
can change your security question and answer (Q&A) here. Security Q&A is used to
chnage your password. Hence please ensure the answer is hard to guess.
- Send Message or Poke - Send private
message and (super) pokes to your friends or other people.
- My Wall - You can view or write on
anyone's wall (if they have not restricted access). Just click the wall tab on their
personal profile page.
- My Blog - You can view or write on
anyone's blog. Just click the blog tab on your profile page.
- My Messages - This is the place where
you receive private messages, pokes, friend requests, etc. Keep checking this page
- My HeyCampus Profile - From this
page, you can edit your personal information: change pic, update mood, update current
status, update activity feed, likes and dislikes, view your wall, view friends and
view groups you have joined.
- My Dating Profile - From this
page, you can update your dating profile
- My Settings - In this page you
can set your privacy settings; such as who can view your profile and each tabs (e.g.
wall, friends, activity feed) within it, set timezone, select what gets added to
activity feed, etc. For clarity, this page has two tabs in it.
- My Items - This page helps you manage
(show/hide, delete, relist) items that you have listed (as wanted or) for sale.
- My Apts - This page helps you manage
(show/hide, delete, relist) your apartment listing. Also includes the first 10 apartment
listing that you have added to MyFavs.
- Add2Fav - You can bookmark any page in this site or any other website. Just
click on the Add2Fav link located at the top of every page and select the category
to save it under.
- My Favs - Once you have bookmarked
pages using Add2Fav link, you can view or delete them here.
- My Forum Posts - This page lists
all forum posts you have either started or replied to. Also includes the number
of replies and thread views in each topic.
- Add Friends - To add a friend, simply go their profile page and click on
"Add as friends" link to send them a message. Once they accept your invite, you
both will automatically see each other's name in friends tab.
- My Friends - List of all your friends,
sorted by the groups they are in. Also includes any pending friend(s) request. Tip:
You can also view your friends list by clicking on friend's tab from your profile